Friday, February 26, 2010

A Mommys Dreams



Today was the day that I've been waiting for. Since we found out Brynn was a girl, I dreamed of dressing her up in cute outfits, and putting bows in her hair. Day 71 of her life, and my dreams have been fulfilled. When I pictured myself having a daughter, I just knew that I would give birth, and bring her home from the hospital in a couple of days, in frills and bows. After all we have been through, I am glad that I am getting more independent with her. I can take her out of her bed by myself now. I can feed her by myself, and best of all, I get to change her clothes, and put bows in her hair.

"Man are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." - Proverbs 19:21

Today was another moment that reminded me, that as much as I hate it, I cannot plan out everything in my life. But, it also reminded me that the Lord's purpose prevails. Not only does His purpose prevail, but it also is best. I got such joy from being able to dress my little sweetie today. I know I would have taken that for granted, had things gone the way I had planned. Had things gone the way I had planned, I am certain that I would have dressed up my little princess like a baby doll, and doted, and adored her. However, I know that I wouldn't have been eternally grateful for the opportunity to raise her. I praise God for each little step, and each moment that we have together. Today, I am loving the Lord for the day of the hair bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment