Sunday, March 14, 2010

We are Family...

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

My sweet baby girl is almost 3 months old now. Can you believe it? She weighs over 5 pounds. I am so blessed. Keep her in your prayers this week, she's got an eye surgery for ROP on the horizon. I had the opportunity to spend yesterday with my Mom and sister, which inspired this post. I feel indebted to my family, but I will never be able to repay them. I am not sure how some people make it through the world with no close family. Very sad. They have been so accommodating, so caring, so selfless. I can never really talk on the phone any more, so they text and email. They came and stayed with me for days and weeks after my 4 hospital visits.

Mom especially has gotten the raw end of the deal. She stayed with me for 2 weeks through my C-Section, and subsequent hospital visits. She came and stayed after my gall bladder. While she was here she made dinner, cleaned house, and listed to me whine. Seriously, I am the worst sick person. Not only do I whine, but I generally seem to develop every type of complication that you can imagine. Ugh. She had to miss Christmas at home. After all of that, she's been working hard on our house that we're going to move in to. My mom rocks.

Nanny came down for Brynn's delivery also. There were hours and days that she sat at my bedside. She had to listen to me tell my ridiculous emotionless story to visitors over and over again. Then she had to tell me over and over again what had happened. She drives down here and visits us often. She works and works on our house. She texts and emails me daily to get updates, knowing that it is difficult for me to find time to talk on the phone. I am so glad Brynn is named after her.

Dad and Mickie cooked us Christmas dinner when we weren't able to have our normal Christmas. They stayed days and nights in the NICU waiting room when our little princess was critical. They've brought us gift cards for dinner, and been very supportive. They came and stayed with me when I had my gall bladder removal. Don't know what we would have done without them.

April was our NICU contact person for a few days. She was awesome to keep tabs on our sweet baby. She got me the cutest picture frame that says "miracle" She spent many hours in the NICU waiting room, both when she was admitted, and when she had her PDA ligation.

Anthony and Tami were so sweet to be in the NICU when she was admitted. To wait in that tiny waiting room and pray for my angel was so thoughtful.

The Killer Aunts. Sissy, Carolyn, Sally drove all of the way down here to be with us. They brought Sydney and Erica and Bella. They had to take care of Bella while she was in the hospital with RSV. They've painted our future home, and cleaned our future yard. They've driven to Dallas just to spend the weekend sitting in the waiting room, or at Brynn's bedside. They are "killer"!

Joan and Gary came down when she was delivered, have worked with Isaac on the house, and have prayed so much for us. They had to miss their Christmas too. Thanks!

Last, but certainly not least. My honey, my sweetheart, Isaac. I would not have made it through this without him. He must have the will and stamina of 100 men. He waited at my bed in the hospital for days. Barely sleeping at all. He traveled back and forth between hospitals for days to be with our little princess, and to be with me. He never left me alone. Not only does he go to school, work, internship, and NICU, but he has worked so hard to get our house ready to move in. He sends hours at the NICU with Brynn in the evenings. There were days that he would go in the very early hours in the morning, just to ensure he could see her. He is the greatest, most giving, caring husband in the world. After all that I have put him through in the last 3 months, he deserves a special place in heaven. Thank you honey for every thing.

I know there were many more family members who have helped us out, I am sorry if you were left out of this post. I am forever indebted to so many people. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping us through this. I am grateful that Brynn has such a wonderful family to grow up in. I will always thank God for you.

2 Samuel 2:6
May the LORD now show you kindness and faithfulness, and I too will show you the same favor because you have done this.

No comments:

Post a Comment